Total Pageviews

Thursday, 2 May 2013

23.4.2013 A valuable experience








ya,I went for a JPA Scholarship Interview on last Tuesday with my friend, Yan Ru
It was really my first time for attending an interview(not for job one)
Seriously,I didn't do lot of preparations.
and I just searched for some necessary  information like what country I want to go and what course I  will choose
for country I have chosen is germany while the course is Biomedical engineering
so I asked my consultant,Siok Lian jie jie <3 everything about germany
she gave me a lot of useful opinions and prayed with me
HAHA,a big thank you to u!*muack*

around 11.30am
my father fetched me to the interview place which was located in Larkin


actually I was placed in the afternoon session that will be started at 2pm
but my father not familiar with that route so we went earlier
after 35 minutes,we managed get to that place
there was more than two hours left for my interview
so I took a nap at a bower
at 1.20pm,yan ru has reached
and we talked a lot,cheered up for each other to brush away our nervousness

sharp 2 pm ,we entered different room to register
coz we were in different kelompok
we signed for our attendance and passed our documents to the staff
then we would get a number
yeap,I got number 8!huat a!
but i love number 7 more because it is my lucky number,hahaha
and we were divided into 3 groups
7 persons in one group
I was grouped  in five,the least one
in my group,consisted of 2 malays from MRSM,1 Chinese boy from EC and another Chinese girl from CONVENT
so u can imagine that all of them must be very pro one and could speak fluent English compared to me from a normal secondary school

well, the waiting moment was the most miserable one
I was freaking  NERVOUS while waiting for our turns
the first session of this interview was [case study]
and we greeted the interviewers
the topic was given:How Dr Sheikh Muszaphar Shukor can enhance the sense of belongings of young generation to their country
.......................???
WHAT?! the word I spited out in my heart when I read this question
because I didn't know him really well
I only knew that he was the first astronaut in Malaysia
so I lost my words during the discussion part
just specked out some points that are not solid one
then we did a presentation
finally I could voice out my points more smoothly
the interviewers just kept nodding their heads when I was talking
so i dun know my performance was good or bad
this session was the hardest one because we must conduct in english  fully   during this session
I was very nervous because I was very poor in English speaking

phew~at 3 pm,this session was over
we didn't have any time to relax
the staff lead us entered another room for the next session\[interview]
the real interview,haha
we sat according to our numbers
both interviewers in this session were very friendly
but they came out with the questions that beyond my expectation
that was different from the information that I got from the internet
they didn't ask us to introduce ourselves
just gave out the questions and called the number randomly
like: number 8,what do u know about genetic engineering
I had no idea and answered it 'tissue culture.'
and they asked others
some questions like:
-how do u manage crush\homework\stress
-what is willayah
-what is vision 2020
-what is one malaysia
-what country u want to go
-why not study in local since u said malaysia is a very good country
-why study in foreign language instead of bahasa malaysia
-not every state's leader called sultan,so what is that for kedah,sabah,sarawak,penang

some more with technical questions:
-why u want to be an engineer?what kind of engineering u interested in
-if u are a facebook engineer,what would u do
-what do u think about solar energy?can it applied widely in our country?
-what do u understand about nuclear technology?
-how to invent the save cost technology
-why malaysians don't choose proton cars?
-what is IR?

when they were asking others,I didn't listen to them because I felt like sleeping
so when they asked me the same question, I was blank and forgot what was the question
hahaha,then I gave the answer like kena sikit tak kena sikit
the lessons I have learned, adequate sleep is very important!XD

AND they asked:'who can explain what is the difference of mechanic and mechanical?'
then I raised my hand and said:"mechanic can repair the cars while mechanical is about design and produce the cars'
they said:'good answer!' and smile lo
I was very happy lo because finally I could answer it
actually this session was conducted in malay and english
so we can answer in campur campur language
after 50 minutes, we have finished this section

we have been waiting for the last session for 15 minutes
and we enjoyed our chit-chatting
I waved to my father who was resting at the opposite mamak stall
I know he is the most tired one,love u and thank u my dad<3
after that,we proceeded to the last session[selesai masalah]
as u seen from the title,this session was fully conducted in malay!
that is not too difficult to me and I became more confident and relax
because I can speak Malay more fluently instead of english
the topic is:Bincangkan langkah-langkah untuk mengelakkan muflis
same procedure as case study,the first session
my part is about media massa
so I gave out the points that I usually write in essay
I said:'kita boleh memaparkan cara tentang merancang perbelanjaan melalui kaca tv,radio,internet'
they shoot me back:'tapi sekarang semua main fb,takde org akan dengar radio'
then i said:'saya ada !'
they praised me :'oh bagusnya~'
another point I speak:'kita boleh melantik artis yg popular sebagai duta'
they asked me:'awak tahu artis malaysia apa?
then i said:'saya tau sg punya'  (coz the person i could figure out is Mark lee,the owner of oldtown branches)
I said:'oh ,irwansyah'(coz he was the singer of my heart,the only one malay song i know}
they said:'ini indonesia la'
then finally I remember Michelle Yeoh(coz she is very popular recently hahaha)
one of the interviewer said:'oh,michelle yeoh,saya tahu!'
I shoot back:'see,encik tahu,saya tahu,semua org tahu,jadilah senanglah nak promote'
then everyone laughed,so did I XD
since our group is the last one,then they talked with us more
after an hour,the last session was done!!!
All of us stepped out with broad smile and said:'yeah,we can sleep liao,it was over!!^^'
Dad fetched me and yan ru home
we shared a lot of thoughts and the questions that we met


Lastly,I want to thank GOD of Almighty  for giving me strength to go through this interview and such a nice experience and chance
 Pn Arbaiyah  and Ahidah for borrowing us  baju kurung that are so lovely=)d



Siok Lian jie jie and my  father also
THANK YOU ALL!


It was such an awesome experience  and very fun that you could have the chance to mix with others and voice out your opinions in public
besides,
I am so happy because the chinese boy in my group was very handsome and smart
and he was sitting next to me during each session
I was so regretted that i didn't get his fbTT


well,to be or not to be
let's pray and have faith in God=)
HE will lead us and make the best plan for us.


*kindly forgive my grammar mistake because I have limited vocabulary*













-

No comments:

Post a Comment